Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
This is my first post so I hope that this is the correct way to proceed.
I have a 2002 Megane Scenic Priv Monaco 2.0 16v.
I've only had it about 4 days and I'm over the moon with it (I think).
My first niggle was that when I turned the ignition to Aux, the radio would go off as well, this was not good, as when I am waiting for my daughter to come out of school, it would have been nice to have the radio on without having to have the ignition on, but thanks to this forum, I found out that when the ignition was at Aux, if I pressed the red button on the radio, the radio would still play without the ignition being on, so thanks for that.

The other problem that I have, and which almost put me off buying the car, is the central locking, it doesn't work off the key.

I should mention that the car was bought by the previous owner at a DVLA auction, and he had it for 6 months, apparently it had been clamped and taken in, not sure how this works.

Anyway, the thinking is, is that as it was taken in, there were no keys available, so maybe the ignition barrel was changed, and maybe the ONE doorlock, which is on the passenger side was changed as well, so I just have the one key and no key card, again this is only supposition, also it doesn't seem as if the immobiliser is working, it may have been disabled by someone to do with the auction, but I'm not too bothered about this at the moment, unless it suddenly decides to come on.

At the moment, to lock the car, I open the drivers door, press the doorlock on the dash, shut the door, which is now locked, then go to the passenger side and lock the door with the key.
Sometimes the drivers door doesn't lock, and I have to go to the passenger side, reach in, press the door lock on the dash then lock the passenger door with the key, I should also mention that the rear driverside door doesn't lock, but this could be a dodgy mechanism.
As you can imagine, this is getting to be a bit of a pain.

A friend of mine knows an auto electrician, who has successfully sorted out the same sort of system on BMW's, but he is not available until Tuesday.

I was thinking, if this guy can't help me, because after all, I'm not having any problems with a keycard etc. and I wouldn't want to revert to that system, that I could have a proper alarm fitted for hopefully around £150 or so, which be connected to the central locking system, so that I could at least open and close the doors properly,
and use my one key for the ignition, or does anyone have any other ideas.
Apologies if this is a bit long winded.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, and thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately the key is not the clickable type, it has a very small lens by the key blade, and a red plastic square at the other end of the key, but nothing at all to click.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts