Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember around 6months back an old colleague of mine phoning me for a moan about paying £75 to have his tire sensor reset in his Laguna.......

Well I'm happy to tell you that our Bosch garage can reset it for a fraction of the price......

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
I remember around 6months back an old colleague of mine phoning me for a moan about paying £75 to have his tire sensor reset in his Laguna.......

Well I'm happy to tell you that our Bosch garage can reset it for a fraction of the price......
What exactly do you mean by "reset". Do you mean you can reprogramme a sensor to a particular wheel etc or just "reset" it if there is a "fault".

As rapidly deflating, then over inflating before returning to normal pressure can normally "reset" a sensor.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had my 2 front tyres changed by a small local shop no problems, as simple as a normal change. No need to reset anything. Was I just lucky or what?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Had my 2 front tyres changed by a small local shop no problems, as simple as a normal change. No need to reset anything. Was I just lucky or what?
No, I had the same experience - plenty of time & care, and lubrication (oo-er).

Paul;)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Had 2 new front tyres fitted a few days ago at National Tyres, watched carefully whilst they were doing it, told them about the sensors and told them to replace the wheels where they came from.

They fitted the left front tyre first, as they were changing the tyre the wheel dissapeared from the in car tyre display, as soon as it was fitted back on the car it appeared again.

When the right front wheel was taken off and the new tyre fitted it stayed on the in car tyre display as the tyre fitting equipment was not far from that side of my car.

As you can see from the photo I took, the sensors are smaller than I thought, damage is usually done by the tyre fitters yanking the valve out, which is the first thing they do when fitting new tyres with normal valves so breaking the sensor.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts