Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right my Safrane was delivered yesteday and all seemed well. Aerial is damaged but new one already ordered. Drove round for a bit then added fuel, wouldn't restart bloke in dash told me fuel injection problem so i locked the car gave it a few minutes had another go and she started. She did this a couple of times, if i try and start her from warm almost straight away the me fuel injection has failed if i leave it 5 then all is well?, I also need an indicator switch as mine only works when held just before the click otherwise the relay clicks very fast but no lights a flashing, does anyone have a spare or is it a trip to Renault, Finally i need the outer lense for the off side front indicator, the inner lense is there and when held correctly the bulb flashes okay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also while i think of it will i have to disconnect the battery for 30mins before removing the front of the steering wheel (ruddy air bags) and will it reset okay

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
No and yes!

There is no need to disconnect the battery for half an hour before you remove the airbag,although disconnecting the battery whilst you remove it is a good move.I never bother at work and am yet to have a problem,but that is not to say you won't!.As long as you don't switch the ignition on when the airbag is disconnected then the system shouldn't register a fault and the light will stay off.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts