Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there, just wondered how this compares to a hectic day?

Last night I had put the wee lad to bed, and prepared my touch up paint for a bumper & trim repair scheduled for this morning, and had gone to bed around 11pm. The Other Half was at a work's party in Glasgow (no drink for her - she had the car).
Circa 12.30am I hear a loud 'crunch' from outside - she then appears and states that I need to get up, and move the car into the driveway, as she's just reversed into my van!:mad:

I do this, and a sleepless (and far from calm) night ensues...(she appears upset as to my not enquiring about her well-being:steam: )

Get up this morning, and survey the damage in the daylight - cry for a minute.

The Vel Satis has some scuffs (which should polish out), and a dislodged bit of trim (with a broken clip).

The van has a dent about 18" in diameter, and has caused a split where the side sections join.

She tries to defuse me by stating that she only touched the van - I reply that she's lucky the airbags didn't deploy!

By now, I see my day is planned out for me - the job is done - client very happy:) .

Then off to Homebase to buy a tube of strong adhesive to re-attach the trim.

The Vel is back to its former condition - the van was a real pain - I had it wood-lined when I bought it new, and had to empty the equipment, and disassemble the trim, to knock the dent out. All the time she was saying that I should just leave it - I replied how can I advertise my services (dent) being one of them, when my company vehicle has a dent like that (fell on deaf ears).

What a day - then I had to look after the wee lad (as she was feeling tired:crazy: ).

All that work, but I could only imagine the insurance claim form...

Paul:(

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
God Paul:( these things are sent to test us all but you being the man you are i bet you took it all in a days stride as you have already said its all done and back to it former Glory:) it could of been far worse i hope Morag is ok.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Donald, yeah she's fine - I've calmed down as well.

I couldn't believe it, bad enough one of my vehicles damaged - but two...

I've now nicknamed her "The Smasher" - so that when people hear me say "Morag's a wee smasher", only her and I will know the 'real' reason;) .

Its going to be my "get out of jail free" card, in case she starts moaning at me over some nonsense or other.:rolleyes:

They were jobs (the van especially) that I'd have thought twice about doing if they were for someone else - thankfully a bit of planning & lateral thinking and all seems well.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
It's just a little Love test Paul ......I think .

Glad everyone is OK and it's a bit of work experiance for you, See how she helps you mmm .

Regards

John

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She can certainly be testing all right:d .

Ach well, I wouldn't have liked to have been bored today - I should thank her really.:rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
At least she knew she did it! neleh's car just gets mysterious bits of damage that she has no idea about :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
I might have been tempted to write in the middle of the dent 'Its not mine, its the wife's - she bends 'em, I mend 'em!';)

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I considered something like that - but since I'm the person who does 80-90% of the driving - it might've been shooting myself in the foot.

Still, it'll keep her (relatively) quiet for a wee while!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts