Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my pride and joy, gave her a good clean yesterday. The only thing i've changed so far is the air filter, fitted a K&N replacement one. Looking to change the side repeaters and possibly sports exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Nice looking motor Smurf (good colour too ;) )

I changed the side repeaters on my Lag for clear ones. Found them on a German tuning website, but could'nt get my head round the language or ordering system, so ended up getting them from my main dealer instead. Cost about £40 I think. Also need some silver bulbs for them otherwise they look horrible ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And this is the smurf's work mobile, slightly bigger don't you think? Weights 10 tonnes when empty, 26 tonnes when full
The engine in her is a 6.4litre in-line 6 cylinder, 280bhp, 1100Nm. Sadly limited to 56mph (unlimited she can do 80mph or so the dealer says anyway)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Very good Smurf I am thinking about becoming a Honda owner as well.

Stay on the Forum tho as it would be good to have the comparisons of Honda ownership as opposed to Renault on a regular basis.

Enjoy your new car Smurf

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well so far, dealership is alot more friendly and helpful. On the test drive, the diesel is so quiet and refined. We went out on our own, when we came back the salesman said we could have stayed out longer. We'd already been out for half an hour!!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
No what you mean Smurf just a different world, Tho I must say I have had nothing but a very good level of service from my local Renault dealer just the products inconsistancy of build and lots of niggling little thigs really that can take a couple of visits to rectify.

Hard to find a Honda forum that is not devoted to the more sporty versions.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Outside and inside they're superb. As soon as we pick it up i'll try and get some inside pics up. The boot is big but thats because there's no spare wheel. Its a tyre sealant and compressor (normal tyres not run flats thank god).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
We've also paid for 5 years servicing as well. Its called "Honda Happiness". All our servicing and MOT's till 2012 are covered.
Sadly my Renault dealer has not been good. Slightly rude on more than one occasion and they also gave us a worse part-ex price for the lag compared to Honda

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
We've also paid for 5 years servicing as well. Its called "Honda Happiness". All our servicing and MOT's till 2012 are covered.
Sadly my Renault dealer has not been good. Slightly rude on more than one occasion and they also gave us a worse part-ex price for the lag compared to Honda

Yeah that's a good deal Smurf it is transferable as well, Wont need many parts tho so Honda are showing confidence in their products, apparently you get a five year warranty on the whole car in some country's.

Not sure about the looks yet, I have not driven one either, Have driven a FR-V with that engine it seemed fine.

Great residuals on Honda's as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know we've got a 3 year warranty and 3 year AA cover as standard. The only extra thing we've having done is the Supaguard treatment, mudflaps and mats. All comes as a delivery pack. Residuals are 52% after 3 years compared with 27% for my lag

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I know we've got a 3 year warranty and 3 year AA cover as standard. The only extra thing we've having done is the Supaguard treatment, mudflaps and mats. All comes as a delivery pack. Residuals are 52% after 3 years compared with 27% for my lag
I find Honda's achieve better residuals than what is listed due to their reliability and popularity in the used market if looked after, It also helps that Honda control the sales of their cars and do not discount heavily on current models , Most are kept within the Dealership also and they have a very loyal customer base.

Not without faults tho but seem to be dealt with very quickly unlike Renault who have let so many faults run for years.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now had the car for just over a week and i can safely say i'm very happy with it. The hand over was good, salesman showed us all the controls and made sure they worked, introduced us to the service team as well. Servicing is every 12 months or 12,500 miles which ever comes first so i don't have to go back till next year. I asked if there was a check after 1000 miles like i had with citroen and his reply was "No, this is Honda. The engines are bedded in before they're even put in the car. Just take it easy for the first 600 miles." Also included a pick of the dash

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Now had the car for just over a week and i can safely say i'm very happy with it. The hand over was good, salesman showed us all the controls and made sure they worked, introduced us to the service team as well. Servicing is every 12 months or 12,500 miles which ever comes first so i don't have to go back till next year. I asked if there was a check after 1000 miles like i had with citroen and his reply was "No, this is Honda. The engines are bedded in before they're even put in the car. Just take it easy for the first 600 miles." Also included a pick of the dash

Glad you are happy with your Honda Smurf :) , Keep us informed of how you find the car.:)

Different world eh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts