Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I don't know how many of you saw the Channel Four programme "Body Shock" last night (entitled, "The world's largest boy") - it was about the former USSR 'phenomenon';

A 7-year old boy, who is 4ft-odd and weighs over 16 stone.

His Mother claims this is 'unusual' as he doesn't eat much, and regularly exercises.

To put this into perspective, I used to be a powerlifter, and he is almost the weight I was, when I was actively competing.

Someone is clearly administering steriods to this child (he has no shape, just rolls & masses of body tissue), to attain him some celebrity status (whereby the entire family are well looked after), by their local, superstitious community.

Absolutely shocking, I recognised the classic signs of steriod abuse (was offered, but never used them myself).

Its bad enough if someone is old enough to make these kinds of decision for themselves, and makes this kind of choice - but to be doing this to a child from the age of 3 just beggars belief.

Did anyone else see this?

Paul:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
iv'e heard he was asked what his favorit musicle instrument is,he replied the dinner bell.sorry it's been flying around on the text.

joking apart ,somebody should be held to account,the amount of stick the lad must be taking at school,and the looks he must get from onlookers would be enough to send him into depression.god only knows what the future holds for him.

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
So it was confirmed he had been given steroids? Unfortunately I missed the end and wondered what had come of it.

If thats the case then, any abuse should be punished. Abuse is abuse!

·
Registered
62 Posts
They couldn't confirm but it was the only explination, Still abuse though as the mother would not listen to advice and even has him registered in Sumo school

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The problem is compounded by the fact that locals have bestowed celebrity status on him (and the family), whereby gifts are showered upon them (which I would say is the main motivating factor behind this abuse). He isn't seen as the oddity he would be over here - rather as a mythological figure reincarnated (I said they were superstitious).

I recognise steroid abuse, I've seen the effects on others.

If this kid was older and was producing hormones for himself, and exercising, he would be extremely muscular. As he is still a child, and consuming more food than he is using, this appears as fat.

I fear this is a cover-up which everyone knows about, but since national pride is at stake, no one speaks of.

Such a tragedy, he will probably be dead by puberty.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts