Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I am thinking of buying a Honda FR- V, Over the last few week I have test driven a few of the variants. The interior wood trim is a turn off .

Very hard to get a reasonable discount .

Any comments/ thoughts appreciated.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Otto never driven one and i probely never would but i would say that Honda is a all round great car,yes wooden dash boards i had this in my Mercedes C180 Classic and iam also not a great fan but a little could be tolerated,good luck

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I rate Honda very highly,and there products are amongst the most reliable in the world.The dealers are,on the whole,excellent too,which will be a shock after owning a Renault!

They have lacked a little bit in the design department,but they are catching up fast.

I can personally recommend buying one.:)

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Instead of or as well as your new 07 reg Scenic?

I agree about the wood - spoils the interior.
Honda are renowned for reliability, and aren't actually as expensive to maintain as they used to be. Normal routine servicing will be no more expensive than your Renault.
We like the look of the new Civic, had a brief look at one a wek or two back - still suffers the same old Jap problem of plasticky dashboards though.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments Folks.

I will still retain the Scenic, It's a replacement for another vehicle I have, Hoping to get the deal done and dusted for the reg change in September unless I get a very very good deal to buy a car before then.

It is not as spacious as the Scenic nor as quite in all engines, I am not sure which engine the 2 ltr petrol or the diesel both of which fuel figures are disappointing in every day use judging by owners I have spoken with.

Thinking of the Sport model which is a trim level not a performance spec.

Front tyre wear seems to be an issue shod with Michelin Primacy tyres ?

Rock solid residuals but hard to get a good discount even for someone with my bargaining skills .

Extras are quite expensive as well.

Servicing seems competitive as does wear and tear items prices in some cases I would say cheaper than Renault.

Any other comments more than welcome

Regards

Ottoman

O

·
0 Posts
I looked at the Honda to replace the Espace - I was hoping to get a smaller MPV but in the end decided on keeping witht the big stuff.

I was very impressed with the FRV. Like you I thought the wood was nasty and couldn't understand why the sport spec included the wood trim:crazy:

I liked the quirky 3 seats in the front and it's size in general. Vision out of the back was a bit naff but other than that I couldn't fault it. I did drive one but can't remember which model but it drove very well.

All round a nice motor.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked at the Honda to replace the Espace - I was hoping to get a smaller MPV but in the end decided on keeping witht the big stuff.

I was very impressed with the FRV. Like you I thought the wood was nasty and couldn't understand why the sport spec included the wood trim:crazy:

I liked the quirky 3 seats in the front and it's size in general. Vision out of the back was a bit naff but other than that I couldn't fault it. I did drive one but can't remember which model but it drove very well.

All round a nice motor.

Hi OG,

Yeah I like the 3 seats up front reminded me of a Ford Consul the family had with a bench seat, Not sure if I would want a child sitting there in the firing line so to speak. means your shoulders sit quite close to the doors too.

It was a bit firmer than the Scenic a slightly more road noise. Not so many cubby holes.

Yeah rear vision is not good when reversing, I think it is a very nice looking car from the outside.

A good driver tho, The diesel is quite good but pricier.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi Otto, have a look at autotrader's website (New Cars section), some tasty discounts in there.

Obviously, you'll want to verify that the cars are full UK spec.

Hondas are nice cars, parts can be expensive, but its the traditional Japanese perspective that they don't need them that often!

Happy hunting.

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Paul ideally I would prefer to source a car locally, I have 3 Honda Franchises within 60 mile of me but hard work getting a good price compared to when I purchased the Scenic II.

But I will keep trying, You don't get if you don't ask.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
But I will keep trying, You don't get if you don't ask.

That's the spirit ol' bean.:)

Nice looking motor and I couldn't agree more with Vel re the Jap perspective. Not sure about that internal trim though, I'd wanna cut it up and make a spice rack or something for the kitchen with all that 'wood' lyin' round doin nowt:d

Good luck in your quest though:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Thanks Scatz, I'm not sure it's wood, Don't like it tho.

Regards

Ottoman
Ah, hence the quotation marks in my post but plastic, I hear, is a very versatile material and very maliable to boot and, therefore, can be made into an IKEA spice rack:rofl:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure if I decide to purchase the Honda I can get some aftermarket product to cover it to match the silver/satin effect of the interior ?

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 14 of 14 Posts