Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is a 1.9dci pivilage o2 reg. there are a couple of jobs need doing on it the speedo a mile counter do not work it needs the rear pads and discs need doing and someone said they think the ball joints need doing. there is 480000 on the clock but it has not worked for a couple of months so you could say about 500000 know just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of what price i could put it up for,i would be greatfull for any advice.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, putting a value on something isn't an easy task. I would be inclined to get the speedo/odometer fixed, for 2 reasons;
  1. its the most obvious 'fault' which will make any buyer suspicious of what lies beneath.
  2. it casts a doubt over the mileage - again, it would ring alarm bells with you (as it would with most).
purchasers will either walk away, or use it to beat your price down.

The other items could be left if they are not all that obvious - people buying privately cannot expect a new car for less than dealer money - but if you need to get the work done, shop around for quotes beforehand, and balance it up against knocking the equivalent off the selling price.

Hope it helps you to a good sale.

Paul:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts