Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

dunno if this is the right place to post this but i have a little niggle with my engine on my megane (see sig)

When i set my biting point, i seem to experience this sudden dip in acceleration to nothing and the car pulls back then after around 1500 revs just kicks into life. If i give it more gas it doesnt respond only untill it hits 1500 revs. I have tested this on every take away and its a constant 1500 revs so i have no idea. Oh and it only happens on first gear after a biting point, ever biting point.

I've tried to go slower with the clutch and also not too much gas but nothing changes the fact that this happens.

I recently had my ECU software updated for lack of power and i thought it would sort this too but no joy. The lack of power was sorted and damn i think i got an extra 25 BHP lol but this annoyance is still with me.

hope you can point me in the general direction of what it is

Paul

·
Registered
64 Posts
I came upon this thread while searching for the term 'ecu'.

Paul I have to tell you I'm 100% sure that the problem you describe is caused by a defective dephaser pulley on the inlet camshaft.

A friend of mine had the exact same symptoms on his 2005 1,6 Megane II and he had the pulley replaced by his dealer. Presto, no more problems with hesitation at 1500rpms, lower fuel consumption etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts