Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a pic of a 1.9dci, like the one in mt Lag2. My question is, what is the name of this part? Looks a lot like a carb, controls air into the manifold. It still works but the lower mounting is missing. I discovered this when removing the intake pipe and this assembly to attempt cleaning my egr valve. Which it seems is completely gummed up and I can't get it out.

Everything still seems to work ok, but it is broke and I feel that it should be fixed. It looks like the plastic has corroded (is that possible?) and the bolt is also missing. It could be that it was never there as I have not tried to take it off before, which means it has been gone for nearly 7 years.

The pic was 'borrowed' from another thread, it is the item on the right.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The part you refer to is called the stop damper valve which only operates during engine switch off. It should always be fully open whilst the engine is running. It is there to prevent engine run-on during engine shut down. Any cracks or leaks in this area can cause poor engine performance.:)

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The part you refer to is called the stop damper valve which only operates during engine switch off. It should always be fully open whilst the engine is running. It is there to prevent engine run-on during engine shut down. Any cracks or leaks in this area can cause poor engine performance.:)
I sort of figured out the operation and if closed manually it does starve the engine of air and cause it to cut out. I will see if I can find one to replace it, along with the egr (if I can get it out)

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts