Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Just extracted this from Cheshire Safety Camera partnership's PDF file. It's in the context of 'dispelling some myths' - in this case, that speed enforcement is wasting police time when they should be out catching real criminals.

This scheme is not taking officers from other policing. In fact the partnership uses additional resources to administer safety cameras in a bid to reduce road collisions and casualties. A beneficial by-product of the safety camera scheme is that intelligence gathered by cameras and scrutinised by highly experienced officers has been used to help detect a number of crimes.
So if anyone's had a ticket off one of the Think! vans in the Cheshire area, the outcome of this case could be very interesting indeed.

Though when it comes to the motorist, I don't really expect the courts to let the law stand in the way of prosecuting and convicting people. It generally hasn't managed to do so in the past. Oh well, we'll see eh?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't see them overturning this. It's been pretty much proven that hand held cameras are inaccurate ("The digital eye doesn't lie" my ar$e!) so why should they care about who is actually holding the damned device!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts