Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too many new members are just naming threads "help" or even worse "Arrrrgghhh!!!!!".

These titles are not helpful for our members as they do not indicate the problem,furthermore they make it harder for future users to search and find helpful relevant posts.

After seeing countless threads with the same title members may not even bother to look further into your problem.
Please think about your titles before you post.

"Clio-not starting" is a good example as it gives our members something to go on.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Absolutely spot on.

Every member (well, everyone that I've noticed) is already minded to help out (when they can), so it does tend to indicate a lack of basic politeness (or even just reading around the forums), if you feel the need to shout 'help' in order to get a response.

Paul:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Totally agree David, it would also be nice if members could put the car details (model, engine etc) in their profile, or at least in the post when asking for help .... It really is difficult for me as a novice mindreader when a car like the Espace has been around since 1985 or the Clio since 1991 and someone asks for "Help, my Espace/Clio wont start!"

I guess it must be phases of the moon and its infulence as some months are better than others ... :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Yes I think it is getting better as Chris says I have also noticed new members posting in the relevant sections.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good point guys, but you may have to give a little thought to the users who may not have used a forum before, myself being one of those people. I think my first thread went in the welcome section only because i didn`t know how things work with forums. I would like to think im just about getting used to it now.
I found the RenaultForums very useful/helpful so keep up the good work everyone :)
rgds olz69

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Good point guys, but you may have to give a little thought to the users who may not have used a forum before, myself being one of those people. I think my first thread went in the welcome section only because i didn`t know how things work with forums. I would like to think im just about getting used to it now.
I found the RenaultForums very useful/helpful so keep up the good work everyone :)
rgds olz69
Good point, well said that man.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
good point raised mr boney.
would it be poss to set the welcome forum as just that.so they can say hello before being allowed to post there prob's in the relevant section. just a thought dave.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
rgds olz69
Hi olz69, I understand what you mean, but the main point raised in the thread isn't about members posting in the 'wrong' section, its about their thread title not assisting other members who want to help.

At the end of the day, we get help by giving it - that's in essence how a forum operates (one hand washes the other).

Glad you are enjoying this forum.

Paul:)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I agree. The best thing to do is to put the car you are working on in the title. However 'My wife is sleeping with a girl named Clio' may be a little too much information...:smile

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Too many new members are just naming threads "help" or even worse "Arrrrgghhh!!!!!".

These titles are not helpful for our members as they do not indicate the problem,furthermore they make it harder for future users to search and find helpful relevant posts.

After seeing countless threads with the same title members may not even bother to look further into your problem.

"Clio-not starting" is a good example as it gives our members something to go on.

Please take note of Bonedavid's comments Folks, It helps us to help you :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts

Just a little reminder Folks :)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts

Remember thread titles helps us to help you

·
Registered
8 Posts
My Bad!:eek:
Just filled in the welcome post with a couple of problems OOps Sorry. In my defence I did hit the R search button for rev counter and got 300 pages of "Renault" related problems. (still looking for the rev counter one!)
Promise I'll behave in the future

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

First click on Forum list then select the correct section for your post, for example Engine, Bodywork etc, Then start a new thread.

Please take a few minutes to read through the forum rules before posting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts