Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be repeating myself but I posted this paragraph along with another problem under 'eletronic'. Thought it might be more useful under this catagorie:

I was driving home from work the other day and just coming off the rounderbout onto a 50mph road my car lost power. It has gone into limp/home mode (wont go above 30mph). Electrical fault light and fuel emissions light has come on dashboard. I have had an independant diagnostics test done and the fault code comes back 'PO638 - Throttle actuator range performance (bank 1)'. Any ideas what the problem could be and what I could do to resolve the issue? Approximate costs for work would also be appreciated, so I can prepare for the pinch.

Cheers,
Graeme

·
Registered
10 Posts
May be repeating myself but I posted this paragraph along with another problem under 'eletronic'. Thought it might be more useful under this catagorie:

I was driving home from work the other day and just coming off the rounderbout onto a 50mph road my car lost power. It has gone into limp/home mode (wont go above 30mph). Electrical fault light and fuel emissions light has come on dashboard. I have had an independant diagnostics test done and the fault code comes back 'PO638 - Throttle actuator range performance (bank 1)'. Any ideas what the problem could be and what I could do to resolve the issue? Approximate costs for work would also be appreciated, so I can prepare for the pinch.

Cheers,
Graeme
I just googled it, and it looks like you either need to have the throttle body cleaned, or it might even need to be replaced.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Po 638 throttle actuator control range performance
bank 1. Means the throttle actuator is the motor
that controls the throttle plate/butterfly opening
angle. most likely cause of problem wiring actuator
motor ecu Need engine code if you require anyfurther assistance Hth Regards Mickeybo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can Some Please Help me , I have just brought a renault laguna 2001 S reg and driving me NUTS When drive my REV counter shoots up to about 2000 rpm or more , and my Accelerator pedal cuts out and the engine management light come , so i have no power , i then would have pull over wait for 20mins or so and start the engine again before its start normal . i then used used a reader to Diagnostic find the problem it then came up throttle postion senoer , so i had the Accelerator pedal changed hoping the this resolve the problem which it did not i then put the reader back on agian it showed no fault .
I have Changed the throttle body and Accelerator pedel position senor and Got EUC reset But the problem is there
HELP it drive me Nuts

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
the ECU may need to be recalibrated to sync the throttle body to the accelerator pedal???
theres bound to be something that needs to be reset or reprogrammed.

its a reno!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For anybody that is interested...

Repaired a snapped air bag wire under the passenger seat (for a grand total of £15) and now all fault lights have dissapeared. Nothing at all to do with the throttle body. Ghost diagnostic reading I guess!

Result!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.