Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help! I have a 52 plate clio and have been having problems with it for a couple of months now! I have been told that it is the throttle body that needs to be replaced! What's happening is the engine management light comes on and my car slows down (which I am told is a get home thing) my dad was ablt to clean the engine and i fixed for a while but it's come back also my engine light comes on as well! I turn the engine off then on and the car take forever to turn over and start! I know that a new throttle body will cost me £445 but if there is anything else anyone can suggest that might be a bit cheaper to fix then that would be a big help! xx

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
hi linzi is it a petrol car? and can i ask who told you it was the tb? as a host of things could cause the problems your getting like a map sensor or maff sensor throttle body or a egr valve i would clean the tb first off with some carb cleaner what is the miles of it and out of intrest where in scotland are you as you say the eml is on i would have read the codes for you if you where near glasgow:d

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi

I f your clio is a 1.2 16v the old cars have a engine loom which is covered in rubber these loom can get mirco brakes in the wires which will give you throttle problems , some time a new loom for about £100 and throttle clean can sort these problems out.:crazy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi it is a petrol car and a guy form an independent garage told me it was the throttle body and when I when for a second opinion it wasn't faulting so they couldn't tell me anything! I live in dunfermline and work full time so don't think I'll be able to get out to glasgow but thanks for the offer! xx

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Hi linzi, had similar problems myself with my sons Clio on an 02 plate.

To date we've removed and cleaned the battery terminals, checked ALL electrical connections, cleaned the throttle body and replaced the spark plugs......none of which was very costly or too time consuming.

So far.....the problem hasn't retuned after around about a week I guess. Before it had done it approx 3 times in 3 days so fingers crossed.

It might be worth while tryng this route to see how you go?

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.