Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

new to a espace just got and need help lol

this may of been asked before but i did do a search so if wrong bit or that sorry lol

anyway my throttle cable on my 93 v6 rxe sticks bad well stuck open twice fully while driving thing is the pedals ok and inside where the cable connects is fully working where it opens the butterfly etc, the pedal if not pushed far down will spring back a little, put if pushed right down will just stay there

only way to re adjust throttle to normal is turning by hand in engine compartment but there is a resistant and a ginding noise when the cable is pushed back through.

if u pull the cable backwards and forwards it sounds like something grinding like a saw sort of thing near the pedal end, is the cable in need of replacement ?

if so apart from a dealer is there anywhere else to get one from ?

thanks for your help in advance. :)

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
The cable could be frayed somewhere and causing your problem.

You could get a cable lubricater from a motorcycle shop and try that or lubricate all parts of the acc system you can reach with WD40.

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
sometimes this problem can be overcome in the short turn by turning the outer sleave round 180 degrees and lubricating well good luck tink

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Zippy - you could try a decent motor factors or a scrappy. It would be cheaper to replace the cable than to end up witha adamged gearbox or a fine for speeding.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new cable

thanks for all your help i got a new a new cable in the end now my speedo is shaking by about 2 mph either side is this cable controlled from the auto box or engine ?

also do the clocks on this V6 , do the arrows rest on the 0's on Speedo and RPM that is coz mine are off them by about 5MPH or do they rest on the stops ?

thanks if you can help again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts