Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help, with this problem, this car is really doing my head in, I finally got it ruuning great for 6 weeks, 52 mpg at 85mph on a run 38 round town, plenty of power and no signs of a problem.
Then stopped the car for 30 mins came back to it started the car and it came up with fuel injection fault, drove round the corner about 1.5 miles and the car lost all power, engine would rev freely but seemed to loose its go, struggled to go twenty yards,
breakdown came out and said its either the thottle positioning sensor or the air flow valve, can anybody shed any light on this problem,
Many thanks for any help in this matter.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The 1.9 Dci enegine doesn't have a TPS in the traditional sense. They do have a vacuu, operated stop-damper valve that looks like a throttle valve on the inlet manifold - it may be worth checking it is open - it should only close during engine shut-down.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheer Noel, the RAC checked the diagnostics and said it could be the pedal sensor or the valve, the car operater fine since christmas after all the problems I had with it now this goes wrong, I have got hold of an accelorator pedal assembly, and will check out the valve, next weekend when I get back

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anybody help, with this problem, this car is really doing my head in, I finally got it ruuning great for 6 weeks, 52 mpg at 85mph on a run 38 round town, plenty of power and no signs of a problem.
Then stopped the car for 30 mins came back to it started the car and it came up with fuel injection fault, drove round the corner about 1.5 miles and the car lost all power, engine would rev freely but seemed to loose its go, struggled to go twenty yards,
breakdown came out and said its either the thottle positioning sensor or the air flow valve, can anybody shed any light on this problem,
Many thanks for any help in this matter.
Hello I know this is not related but was here on this forum few days ago and someone had sane problem as me. My espace 2008 dci with no throttle. Well my problem is fixed with no new parts fitted. EGR was dirty and clogged cleaned and fitted back it improved the throttle very slightly. The mechanic cleaned the exhaust system and something like MASS air flow and the fault disappeared. They also mentioned something electric which I didn't get but I'll update you all with the same issues. Car drives like a dream. Have been to milton Keynes and back full power back on engine so smooth as before it was sluggish and rough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts