Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Espace is the first car I've owned or used where the Thule tilting rack doesn't give enough clearance - see piccy.

Cue wails of frustration come holiday time. And the stock roofbars are as much use as a choccy fireguard, with no T-tracks and too fat for Thule clamps to go around.

It's like they decided to **** off Thule customers ;-)

So the stock bars are coming off, to be replaced with real aerobars that actually serve a purpose, like carrying things.

But I don't know what I'm going to do about the tilting bikerack. It's a Euroway 946. Thule's website says about the new Euroclassic G6 LED 929 "The wide tilt-angle enables opening of even very large rear-doors without interfering with the carrier (e.g. VW T5)." Wonder if that means Espace too? Anyone tried one?

Anyone else struck this problem with a Thule tilting rack? Any good luck stories?

My towbar is a brand-new Witter RN75Q removable swan-neck. Doesn't look like it's too high.

Cheers

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi Mike
not sure if this will be of any help for you but you never know, i own a 56 plate grand espace and have just fitted a towbar still need to sort the electrics (A lot of head scratching) i use a Thule 9708 four bike towball mounted rack that lowers down out of the way just fine so not sure if a change could be an option. As for use of the roof bars i needed to buy a roofbox for holidays to france which after calling around i was told i needed to purchase new bars to fit, i didnt believe to be true so set about a long internet search, after many hours i came across some roof bar adapters on ebay, which basically take out the curve of the bars. i then took advantage of an offer at halfords for 50% off roofboxes and now have a 580ltr box that fits just fine. i have done a quick search on ebay and i have found another set the item list number is 290562086833. i hope some of this helps.

cheers

Mark
Item specifics

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition

J&A Motor Supplies

Visit my eBay Shop

1 - 2 of 2 Posts