Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, with reference to my previous posts, it makes more sense to start a new one...
Right, back to the drawing board, changed the engine in my megane 1.5dci due to com rod snapping :steam:
had a minor glitch when it was started for the first time, so had to redo the cylinder head and resit the pistons etc...
However, now the fuel is going through fine, no air locks (horrayyyyyyy) will she start? NO......:crazy:...it sounds as though the engine is very tight...can't describe it other than that really! the only light showing on the dash is low oil level light, I have just put a gallon in so presumed that would suffice enough to start the engine smoothly. She is trying to start, not short of fuel and she is driving me insane....any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you
****:crazy:

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
If the oil level sensor is reading very low or empty the ECU won't let the engine start - check the level sensor and its wiring.

Also check the level on the dipstick - if either too high or too low it can cause damage.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts