Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much do you think a garage would take for a timing belt replacement on my Laguna 1.9DCi II?

I have the timing belt kit all they need do is change it?

I did have a friend who was going to do it and bought the timing belt and everything for it but his wife has taken ill and he's had to close his garage down for a while so I need to go elsewhere.

Him being a friend he always done my stuff very very cheap so I have no idea how much a garage will take for his and don't want to be ripped off.

As it being a timing belt and it needs done I don't wanna hang around waiting on his wife getting better and running the risk of ruining my engine and having a very big repair bill lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Timing belt kit

I dunno about renaults but i bought a timing belt kit for my polo 1.4 for £40. It included the belt and tensioner. Im not sure about the tensioner on your engine though but thats a guide price

·
Registered
8 Posts
costs

Its an easy job on the polo. You just undo the engine mounts and covers and remove the old one. You need to take the wheel off though usually. Id say it'd take a good garage two hours max as I did mine in 3 and it was my first time. Shouldnt be too expensive!!

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
The largest share of the cost is labour not the price of the Cambelt kit.

Renault cost is.

Cambelt Kit £94.93

Labour £181.76

This is for a 1.8 petrol, the diesel is more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I been quoted £150 for the whole kit and fitting etc. outside the house by a mobile mechanic, dont know if this is cheap or not for a megane scenic 1.6 auto?

·
Premium Member
2,579 Posts
It costs 611 euros (£400 ish) here in France including a new water pump for my 1.9 dCi. When my giddy spell passed over, I phoned my old Renault dealer back in the UK and was quoted £386.00, but not including the water pump. Decided to get it done here and just been to pick the car up, but they've found the sump gasket has gone west. Another 100 odd euros ensues once the gasket comes in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts