Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am having a horrible time after replacing turbo and exhaust after they blew, the car just wont run right Renault dealer replaced the timing belt 3 years ago but the guy doing my car recons its setup is all wrong (i do trust this guy on deisel engine's he is very good) before turbo blew when you started up sometimes a woosh of white diesel smoke and switching off very juddry not smooth i tried all kinds but just figured its the car. The problem now is if he sets the timing right (the car sounds much better as if its right) but service light and injection light comes on and car drops into safe mode, go back to renault timing settings service light and injection light (wv) go out. Do Renault programe there timing settigs into ecu ??? could that be the problem.:confused:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Sorry to hear your still having problems.:(

As far as I know the ECU doesn't control anything on the timing side of things,and the problem you describe is a new one me.:eek:.It really doesn't make sense at all......

Looking at the info I have here,the injection pump is only timed up via the white line on the belt,and there is also a mention of the fact that on some dTi's the camshaft sprocket isn't key wayed onto the cam and this requires a different procedure.

I've never changed a belt on a dTi(I sold mine before the belt was due:rolleyes:),but hopefully someone else can add their thoughts and experiences.

Sorry I can't be more help.:eek:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Actually,having had another look,there is a timing solenoid in the pump which is controlled by the ECU,so if the pump timing goes out,it probably throws the management light on.

Not 100% sure though.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
HI Alan - on the 1.9 Dci Laguna the injection timing is controlled by the injection ECU - taking pulses from the crankshaft speed/location sensor located in the front of the transmission bell housing. As the engine has common rail injection timing and duration of their injectors is electronically controlled. The high pressure fuel pump is not timed. When fitting a new belt the only thing that needs timed is the cambelt. Your fault could be a duff crankshaft sensor a very similar to tdc sensor on the petrol models.:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timing settings lag dti

thanks for info from all and will pass it on, however have located spare fuel pump and we are gonna try that, we think maybe pump has fault (contaminated at some time) would this cause the service light and injection lights to come on ?????????????

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Sorry my mistake - thought it was common rail - I take it then it has a multi-port injection pump. As it judders when being switched off it could be the stop solenoid sticking or power supply to it is incorrect.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts