Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been to look at a 2002, 51plate Laguna Tourer 1.9Dci Privilege today, looking at p/xing my 02 1.8 Lag Priv.

The tourer's got 90k 6 owners Cat C repaired.
Had a look and the Pass h/light is standard NOT a Xenon, as it should be. Tyre sensors don't work, wheels are in wrong positions, Drivers mirror makes noises when in normal position, looks to have had a new turbo and bits recently, rear wider unit needs sorting, drivers seat needs replacing as does rear carpet and drivers door card.

I'm erring on the side of caution, don't mind doing the work, no idea of history, didn't drive as no T&T.
My 02 is in a LOT better condition than the tourer, but I can't sell it, unless for £1000!!!. Does the Xenon/Standard light unit plug in and out, without mashing the wiring, or the the same wiring loom?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I'd sooner cry because I didn't buy a car, than cry because I did...

Paul

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds a bit like my previous dci tourer, at least with this I've noticed some of the work before. Not finding them in ownership.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
In reality the car is worth around £200 or less depending on scrap value.

The fact an incorrect headlight was fitted it may mean the Cat C repairs were skimped.

How much were they looking anyway.:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The garage wants £1200.

The did a valuation on mine saying that they would want mine plus £200, for the estate.

I had a good look round this is what I found:
Pass H/light of a lower specc'd laguna, front panels need tightening, Rear Pass door has the sensor under the handle, Rear wiper pin drops out, Rear screen doesn't shut, All 4 tyres need replacing soon, Discs look like it's been sat a while, Rear bumper and trim needs replacing or spraying (black coloured) . Check rear floor and straight. Front drivers door card, rear carpet, drivers seat, climate unit, after market headunit, need replacing. Interior needs a GOOD clean. Looks like they've bought it as a repairable, not checked it over, as there's still about 30p in the ashtray, Wheels need swapping to see if the sensor reset.
Top it all off the car wouldn't start!!! The garage said that if the car goes through it's Mot easily, then he'd do a straight swap for mine. Mine's like a new car compared.
I looked at it because I could get rid of mine, get that and a few hundred quid to do the repairs with. Don't think i'd get my wish, As he's said that they've had loads ask about it then in another breath, sai because of all the hassle he might put it to auction.!:confused:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the advert for the car.
Back to results 38 owner reviews for RENAULT LAGUNA Estate 2001‑2007 4
£1,200 2002 RENAULT Laguna 1.9 Dci Privilege Trade Seller: Ebony And Ivory Motors Ltd See all cars from this dealer Overview Vehicle Summary Performance & Economy Dimensions Interior/Exterior Safety Overview
Photos (4)
Videos(0) See larger See larger See larger See larger 2002 (51 reg) Estate 90,371 miles Manual 1.9L Diesel 5 Doors, Manual, Estate, Diesel, 90,371 miles, Metallic Grey, MOT-04-2012, 6 Owners. CAT C HENSE CHEEP PRICE!! ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Electric sunroof, Headlight washers, Folding rear seats, Lumbar support, Immobiliser, Passenger airbag, Rear armrest, Roof rails, Side airbags, Radio/CD, Radio/CD Multichanger, Rear headrests, Body coloured bumpers, Drivers airbag, Electric door mirrors, Front electric windows, Front fog lights, Front head restraints, Isofix child seat anchor points, PAS, Remote central locking, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Trip computer, Alarm, Rear electric windows, Reverse parking aid. Insurance Group:10E, HPI CLEAR. THIS CAR WILL COME WITH A FULL 1 YEAR MOT, SERVICE,VALET, AND WARRANTY. PX & FINANCE AVAILABLE. FOR MORE DETAILS PLEASE CALL BEN DIRECT ON 07766240064. WANT MORE MPG, FUEL ECONOMY, MORE POWER SEE

1 - 10 of 10 Posts