Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have been looking in to buying one of the many ECU chips that are on the market for my 03 laguna, i was wondering if any one has used one? are they easy to install? is it worth it? and more importantly can they do any damage to my car, any help would be appericiated.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i have a chip fitted to my 2.0 16v Espace and have no problems at all but i do tend to be a cool driver if you know what i mean iam not racing about the town with my baseball hat on anymore:rofl: to be very honest theres not a big difference but there is a little more power and it finds the flat spots and gives you that little extra i done this to help for when iam pulling the caravan.It can damage the car if your driving like a nutter all the time chip=more fuel more air=more power=more heat making the car work right at the end of it range i hope this helps all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
You won't get a lot of bang for your buck. Unlike turbodiesels, there's not much extra to be tweaked out of the average non-turbo petrol engine by just remapping the ECU.

Proper chips will probably cost upwards of 200 quid (you might get them as low as 100 on eBay, or possibly even less second-hand.) Anything cheaper than that won't really be a 'chip' - it'll be a 2p resistor and some instructions on how to fit it. All it'll do is convince the ECU to overfuel, without necessarily giving any increase in performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts