Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished watching tonights edition of Fifth Gear and I gotta say I was absolutely wetting myself at the section with the Reliant Robins. Gotta have been the funniest thing I've ever seen.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Filling the tyre with water:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It was all very well him setting the 'car' up to take the right hand bends on the track but to show the car for the first time and take a fast left turn......classic:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm even peeing myself typing this:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi scatz i forgot about it but i did here on the tv the other day that the show is getting scraped viewing figures are not great:mad:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chrikey, we're gonna end up in a world full of reality TV, cookery programmes and nothing else:crazy:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I must admit i have not laughed so hard in a long time, my other half thought i was been tickled to death and i also have to say i nearly wet myself.

My wifes uncle has the same Vauxhall Monaro which was on the programme but he only paid £26k for his and its the exact same car. I have had a little go in it for 10 mins, it was very rapid and sounded nice, apart from i was only getting 6mpg and he would not even let me turn the traction control off!

With regards to scrapping 5th gear and Top Gear its discusting, its ok for Coronation St and Eastenders to be on 85 times a week plus re-runs on ITV2 etc but...............Urgh now i am mad!:steam:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know how you feel dave, I'm a tad peeved at hearing this news:steam:

Re that Monaro or 'VXR8' now:rolleyes: . Lovely motor although I would imagine the handling is rather shocking - hence why your OH's uncle wouldn't allow you to turn off the traction control, I mean, he'd probably rather see his motor sitting pretty on his driveway rather than embedded into the next door neighbours living room:rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Yeah i guess he could rather have the wheels facing down then pointing skywards!!:d

To be fair i wouldnt have tried power sliding it on a massive corner, but they are a couple of roundabouts which in the wet i can do power slides in my works transit van (rearwheel drive), there is nothing to hit and plenty of run off areas.

Its just a beast, i had about 130mph out of it on a private road and was till in 4th ready to change to 5th, and like VBH said the brakes are sh!t hot, infact it hurts and you feel the back end is going to come over the top of you!:d

Lots of fun for little money

Before that he had and SLK Merc the smaller version of Prince Nassem had before he total it and got sent to prison, then before that he a Lotus Elise and supercharged it!

Wish i had his wallet to be able to swap cars every year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts