Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Madpad - are you a belfast - same here - live in the south east of the city. Are you looking single sockets or sets and what size of drive are you looking for and any particlular brand.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in north belfast i am looking for 6m to 10 m sockets doesnt mater about drive size i have various ratchet sizes

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Nice to hear from you Madpad - single sockets are quite hard to come by and can be quite expensive as you are usually limited to top brand names and I have found sometimes it's just as cheap to buy a set. The only two shops I know in Belfast that sell separate are McMasters in Church Lane and Jamison & Green of Ann Street. I reckon McMasters are your best bet - whilst maybe a bit on the dear side their staff are very helpful.
Try this link
Tools in Stock, UK, selling Draper Tools, Sealey Tools, Laser, Gunson and Kamasa hand tools and power tools - air power tools, air tools accessories, body shop, compressors, electric power, electrical and plumbing, engineering tools, garage and works

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for your help madnoel10 have bought tools from mc masters before will take a trip down tomorrow

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for anyone else looking for female torx sockets i got a set
6m 8m 10m 12m 14m & 16m from halfords on the boucher road for £7.99

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Well done madpad - yeh it's probably cheaper to buy a set - I got a set of male and female torx from Motoglass last year for £12 - just happened to be on offer at the time.:)

P.S. What sort of motor do you drive - maybe we could share local knowledge for parts etc.,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
sorry for not replying i have been busy at work and havent been online for a while

i have a renault megane 1.9d i get my parts from pitstop spares in browns square. i am going to put in a new clutch kit over the july holidays the renault dealer on the boucher rd quoted £98 pitstop will do it for £74. will keep in touch

madpad (jim)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Madpad - in my experience the pitstop clutches are cr** - for the extra £24 the renault one will not only be easier to fit it will be much smoother and last much longer - considering the amount of labour, time and cussing involved believe me the extra is worth it - when buying from Renault take the relevant details with you reg, documents, etc - that way they can make the right match. Is your clutch cable or hydraulically operated. If hydraulic it is strongly recommended you also replace the slave cylinder when down in there. In my experience whilst some of the Renault dealer parts can be expensive I find they always fit first time.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had the car down for its mot today (passed) decided to call into the renault dealer i found that if you phone for a quote they give you the wholesale price but if you call in they give you trade price which works out at £69 +vat which is not far off pitstop price so it will be the dealers clutch. the clutch is cable no master cylinder.thanks for the advice all i need now is some good weather over the holidays

jim:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Well done madpad - it is surprising what you can get from the dealers if you only ask - have you got a means of aligning up the new clutch:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Just check it with the new clutch before stripping and good luck with the clutch change - are going to do a gearbox oil change or hope you can get the box out without losing any oil.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts