Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Scenic mk1ph2, RX4, ID35s11
2,944 Posts
hi
tow bars are bolted in place, there are existing mounting bolt holes in the chassis under the back of the car. Always get new bolts, dont reuse old second hand ones.

the wiring is a pain in the ass, your best bet is to rip a existing towbar and special isolating wiring adaptor interface off another laguna (at a scrapyard)
you may well find there are lots of black cables involved!
in which case you are going to need to do a lookup online for the schematics for them.

i dont know how much you are going to spend on getting it bought and fitted, but most members would recommed you buy a new system from an approved installer/supplier as they have to be fitted in acordance with ISO/DOT/TUV regulations.

your insurer will no doubt get funny about a installation that does not come with required stamped installation certificate.

just be carefull when fitting. take your time and label everything as you take it off the donor vehicle. colour codes for the wiring harnesses tend to vary on engine sizes/models and years, so expect that the colours wont match between cars!

Reactions: pmc280

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you say about insurance brings up a dilema for myself. I have a towbar fitted to my R19 but when my insurer asked if there were any modifications to the car I said no. Does a towbar count as a modification?

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Hi Pete

I'm not sure, the previous owner had it fitted (it got Renault stickers on it). The tow bar itself is a Witter one which is just bolted on, you can download the instructions from Witter.

John.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.