Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello wanted to know how straightforward (or not) fitting a towbar (with single electrics) is on a new shape Scenic (5 seat).

Thanks

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hello, usually companies like Wesfalia, Witter, Brink etc have their installation instructions on their websites .... check them out ..... but prepare to get very dirty and maybe even have to drop items like the rear bumper and rear exhaust .... but I'd recomment using a proper wiring kit that talks to the car esp CANbus etc .... most modern Renaults require to have the car updated after wiring to allow extra functions to be enabled .... auto fog light disconnect, turn-signal dash display etc .... unfortunately thats a dealer only job so will cost extra.

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ouch :crazy:

I have been given a towbar and wiring kit off a the similar scenic, I didn't realise it needed to go into the dealer though :(

I may reconsider my options............

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Ouch :crazy:

I have been given a towbar and wiring kit off a the similar scenic, I didn't realise it needed to go into the dealer though :(

I may reconsider my options............
You dont say which brand of bar you have, but you dont need to go through the dealer, its just some of the functionality may not work if you dont .... check the installation instructions they usually confirm what is needed ...... Renault OEM bars are usually Westfalia bars with a Renault sticker .... check out their website ... it should confirm .... otherwise you could use a generic wiring kit, for the basic connections.

hope it helps:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts