Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Laguna Dynamique 3.0 petrol engine the warning light for toxic film filter has come on and stayed on would this be possibly connected to the problems with this unleaded fuel mixed with silicone. I don't want to move it till I have some idea.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Have you recently filled the car with fuel from one of the suspect sellers?

The toxic fume filter light only usually comes on when the car is misfiring,or when there is a problem with one of the oxygen/lambda sensors.If you have put contaminated fuel in it,I wouldn't drive it any great distance as the catalytic converter in the exhaust system could be damaged.

If it is a problem due to fuel,then as long as you have a receipt for the fuel and a reciept for the repair you should be able to claim the money back.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

Have you recently filled the car with fuel from one of the suspect sellers?

The toxic fume filter light only usually comes on when the car is misfiring,or when there is a problem with one of the oxygen/lambda sensors.If you have put contaminated fuel in it,I wouldn't drive it any great distance as the catalytic converter in the exhaust system could be damaged.

If it is a problem due to fuel,then as long as you have a receipt for the fuel and a reciept for the repair you should be able to claim the money back.:)

Thanks for that I filled up at a shell petrol station on the 23rd of Feb.and still have the receipt. Just have to find out if that petrol station had some of the dodgy fuel delivered.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I think I'm right in saying that it was only certain supermarket stations that had the effected fuel......

Shell have there own stores and distribution centres so I doubt that they had contaminated fuel.I could be wrong,though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I'm right in saying that it was only certain supermarket stations that had the effected fuel......

Shell have there own stores and distribution centres so I doubt that they had contaminated fuel.I could be wrong,though.
Thanks again I will let you know the outcome this has been very helpful

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
toxic fume filter

Renault is now fixed took it to a main dealer and three coils were replaced one was faulty they suggested that I replace three which I did. Is replacing all three the normal practise? Anyway thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
I suspect that the coil that went was one of the back ones.To change these,you need to remove the inlet manifold,so whilst the manifold is off,it makes sense to change all three at the back.It works out to be expensive now,but you will save money in the future as what usually happens is once one coil gives problems,the others tend to follow at regular intervals.At least now the rear coils should be OK,and the front coils are only a five minute job to replace.:)

Good advice and practice from a Renault dealer......:eek:Wonders will never cease!:)

Glad to hear you've solved your problem,happy motoring.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts