Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was driving to work this evening and the toxic fume filter system warning light started to flash. The car was slightly chugging and on my journey I probably never went over 40mph.
To be honest, i am gutted this happened as i have only bought the car on Wednesday.
Is this a serious problem?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,145 Posts
Could be a number of reasons... First thought is a coil pack.

Have a search through the forums under engines and you will find similar problems as your own


Regards

Ottoman
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Could also be the recent fuel problem. This is what happened to my megane the week before last. Mind you I also had all the coils replaced recently aswell. The toxic fumes filter can reveal all manner of problems to a renault mechanic and his piece of kit. Its not just for smelly exhausts. Hope you get it fixed ok.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top