Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my mot done in march and it passed returning no problems other than a tire near the legal limit, the day after the mot and its first drive the car started fine, half way down the street the power went and black smoke came out the back. After turning the engine off and back on it was running fine with only the "toxic fume warning light" present on the dash. it was running fine until today it wouldn't start for the first 4 attempts after that it started and ran fine. I don't know if the two events are linked but other than that the car has run fine yes the light has remained on solid constantly for every journey from the first time it happened but there has been no problems, i have read about the car being sluggish and struggling to do 30 but it has been fine, i have read about giving it a good thrash but that didn't do anything. i have also read how a one off bad start can set the light off and the code can be removed by computer. There seems to be a lot of report around the 2002-2003 1.2 16 v (which mine is) and wonder weather i should just trade it in.
Any help would be great as i am stuck at what to do

thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts