Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just noticed, because i've only had the car a few weeks that the drivers side front wheel should be on the left rear according to the renault guide on the door.

The TPS system has not displayed any problems or errors and when I had 2 new front tyres put on, it didn't error either?

I thought that if you had the wrong wheel on the wrong corner the TPS would come up with some indication of a problem. Am I wrong, any ideas:confused:

I don't even know if the TPS is working, is there a test mode as the display at start up is fine:confused: :confused:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Nev, if its working OK, and the later Lagunas are better than the early ones then the most likely problem would be that if your dash shows a problem for example with the right front, then if you check it it may be the wrong wheel/tyre your looking at and it could be the Left front that has the problem.

IMHO I would change the wheels around until the coloured rings on the valve stems match the owners handbook or the diag. on the passenger door, then you will know that the dash is refering to the correct wheel/tyre.
Otherwise you wont be able to trust :rolleyes: what the TPM system is saying.

A bit muddled but do you see what I'm getting at?

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yes I see and agree. I'll have them swapped round this weekend. It all seems to be working as far as I can tell as when the engine starts and the car diagram appears in the sat nav window all is fine, but I don't get a picture of the car in main LCD between the dials. It just states checking system then goes black until my ABS fault comes up.

Is this right? Should I get a pic of the car with the actual pressures in the main LCD?

Sorry for all the questions,

Thanks

Nev

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Mmm ... not sure about the Laguna, where does the "open door" show up? on most Renaults its usually on the diag. of the car, and thats where the TPM warnings also show ...

Maybe one of the LagunaII owners with satnav can shed some light on what actually is displayed on the dash between the speedo and the rev counter.

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TPS on 03 Laguna ST with Sat Nav

Mmm yes.

I have an 06 Megan as well and the TPS shows in a screen between the dials. As you say, on the Lag II, I don't know. I'm going to swap the wheels tonight onto the right locations and see what happens. If nothing, then I'll deflate one of the tyres and see then.

Many thanks.

Do you know how do I post this into the Electronics forum:confused:

Nev

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Missed this bit off. The "Open Door" indicator is on the right side of the SAT Nav screen within a big picture of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts