Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, im a little stuck with the radio in my trafic van. it is completely dead, no power and no radio display, nothing lights up. no voltage at the permanent live or the ignition live yet the fuse is ok?? is there something i have missed. any help would be much appreciated. thanks mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, im a little stuck with the radio in my trafic van. it is completely dead, no power and no radio display, nothing lights up. no voltage at the permanent live or the ignition live yet the fuse is ok?? is there something i have missed. any help would be much appreciated. thanks mark
Did you get anywhere with this? I have EXACTLY the same problem and am scratching my head as to what the problem is. Thanks.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,498 Posts
if you are missing the permanent 12v power ( yellow wire) and the switched power with ignition on 12v ( red wire), then the likely culprit is a white multi plug, which sits behind the heating control panel, all the stereos wires run through it, pin 1 is yellow wire and pin 11 is red

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you are missing the permanent 12v power ( yellow wire) and the switched power with ignition on 12v ( red wire), then the likely culprit is a white multi plug, which sits behind the heating control panel, all the stereos wires run through it, pin 1 is yellow wire and pin 11 is red
Thanks. I got to the bottom of it. There was a 15amp fuse (top right on the fuse board) which had blown. Apparently this controls the permanent live so shut off power to the display and consequently the radio.
Replaced fuse and all sorted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts