Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried disconnecting the inlet pipe to the filter to see if it primes that far. If so reconnect - then disconnect the outlet and see if if fuel comes out.:)
Is that the pipe connested to the prime bulb? I tried disconnecting that at the filter and priming to no affect. I was unsure if this should vacume air or push fuel in to the cartridge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I haven't tried it with the ignition on, just had to pop out, il try that when I get back, am I right in thinking that the prime bulb forces fuel in to the cartridge? Thanks for all the replies by the way

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok tried removing the pipe and priming, no diesel coming through as far as filter, prime pump is not drawing fuel. Also tried with ignition on. No good. What next? Would a vacume pump on the out flow pipe draw enough fuel in to the filter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
PROBLEM SOLVED, Thankyou for all your help. I posted both here and on boards.ie.

One person suggested that the valve in the priming pump may be stuck. (A regular occurance) He suggested that i get a vacume source to draw the fuel.
1. I put an extra 5 litres of fuel in to the tank incase the gauge was incorrect.

2. Opened filler cap, there was a vacume in the tank (air hissed in)

3. Removed prime pipe from the fuel filter, stuck baby finger in to pipe, squeeze primer (Finger out) releases primer (Finger in). I know it sounds stupid, i could hear the fuel being draw up the pipe.

4. Once the fuel flowed, pipe back on, kept priming til filter was full.

I now suspect the previous person who serviced the van thought the pump was punctured and taped it up.

I priced a new priming pump, €164 plus vat in Kildare. Baby finger was cheaper. Thanks for all your time.:d

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.