1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Time to ask the experts. >:)

What are these components?
The pipe on the left is caped and empty.
The black thing on the right, next to the glow plug relay. On mine is feebly hanging with a precarious zip tie, holding it up side down, by comparison with this photo...

A logical explanation or simply the name or function is greatly appreciated.
Have my Trafic for a few days now, questions are pilling up quickly.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
LEAVE WELL ALONE.
This is for factory Use only.
Once opened, You'll Never close It.
Who cares if it's full of air bubbles, So Is mine. They've been there for 166,600 Miles.
Tie it up Tight & forget about it.

BTW Welcome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Fuel Stop C0ck..

As @Nottnoc mentioned leave alone
Thanks all for the heads up.

I have no particular intention of messing with it.
Rather than fix it in place, since the support is broken, it's just hanging loose.
For what it's worth. At the time I look at it. Was empty, no fuel, no air bubbles, absolutely nothing to report. :wink2:
Fuel stop c0ck. Check & Closed

So one is done. Another one to go...>:)
My search leads me to believe it's a boost pressure regulator, please check original post.
Edit: Apparently it's supposed to be fixed to the ECU cover. Well on mine the ECU has no cover. It's surely not the most cared van. Although it's working. :cool:
Am I in the right direction?

Cheers all

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
So one is done. Another one to go...>:)
My search leads me to believe it's a boost pressure regulator, please check original post.
Edit: Apparently it's supposed to be fixed to the ECU cover. Well on mine the ECU has no cover. It's surely not the most cared van. Although it's working. :cool:
Am I in the right direction?

Cheers all
Yep Boost Valve. Not on ECU cover, side of engine Fuse box. You may hear it buzzing, Normal. It's when they don't they're ******.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all
I've been messing with a few things here and there. Nothing major but setting things right as best as possible.
Had a misshapen, in fact 4 of them, while changing the spiked Winter tires. God what a mess! Wheel change from hell, approximately 8 hours... to change 4 wheels! Must be a new record. >:)

Previous owner apparently changed them, but nobody seem to ever came across the idea of cleaning the hubs on the car or on the alloy wheels.
Result alloy wheel and steel hub "glued" like there was no tomorrow.
Quite frequent issue in Norway. Between moist, snow, ice and salt. Corrosion becomes a household word. :crying2:

Some workshops literally "cut" the losses simply by cutting the wheel off or pull the oxyacetylene torch, until one of them give up first.
Well I wanted to save the wheels. So blow hammer (2Kg) 3.5 hours later (same wheel)... Give up and go buy a sledge hammer 5.5Kg! Between both hammers, I have more fire wood now. Smashed to pieces 6 blocks of 2x4 wood and a OSB plate all used as hammering surface.
To protect the wheels!!
At this point readers are allowed to crack laughing. :grin2:
I guess all wheel bearings will have a very short lifespan from this point on. :wink2:

Anyway questions, questions.:nerd:

Error code P0180 - Powertrain, Fuel temp sensor A circuit.

Does anyone have a clue of the location of the "fuel temperature sensor"?
"Renolink", confirms the error and indicate fuel temp as 100°C in a cold car. Fully open circuit. Question is where is it?

This is 2007 model Trafic, 2.0 DCI. Cold climate settings
Cheers all

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the "Fuel Temperature Sensor".
Under the air filter assembly and a few more pipes, hoses and connections.

The "trick" was that between these messages the Haynes manual I've been waiting for almost 3 weeks finally arrived. ;-)

Cheers all

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here goes an update regarding some DTC's and other interventions.
P0380 - Glow plug/heater circuit A. - FIXED, removed plug clean all contacts with spray (electronic), blow it dry. Reassemble. Error gone.

P0180 - Fuel temp sensor A circuit. - FIXED, removed plug clean all contacts, blow it dry with compressed air. Put it all back together. Never saw the error again.
FYI, Initially the temperature readings were "stuck" in 100°C, on a cold engine. Now read properly.

P0409 - EGR Sensor A circuit. - EGR valve/throttle body removed, cleaned and put back together. Top plastic cover removed, tracks cleaned, everything reassembled and back into service. Unfortunately this one still haunt me from time to time. Definitely improved and evolved from "current fault code" to "pending fault code". But it's still there from time to time.
EGR plug, previous owner left it broken so it's being held in place with a zip tie. :-(
BTW it seems that the main issue is precisely this broken plug. More on this later...

Gearbox/frame ground strap. Replaced, old one was falling apart.
Pretty much ALL ground connections I've come across, have been cleaned. Including under the vehicle, + battery connections and terminals.
That along with all fuse tabs and most relay tabs. Both fuse boxes (2x) inside and (1x) engine bay. Prevention is the key word. ;-)

Both H4 bulb connectors replaced. On one (left side) the ground wire was held in place by exactly 3 strands of the wire! People, NEVER pull plugs by the wires... This is the result. :-(

AC out of service for 5 or 6 years or so I've been told. New condenser, old one with at least 4 pinholes! Seized AC clutch, no electrical signal/power + compressor stuck and with a broken tab. A few leaks due to old/dry O-rings.
Clutch cleaned, compressor: tab welded and unit "unstuck". O-rings replaced along with new condenser. Now the electrical side was a pita to diagnose. Long story short. The AC plug had been exchanged/mixed with the oil pressure sensor plug!! Damn nightmare.
When people don't have an idea of what they're doing, at least live it well alone. Cause less damage and it's easier to fix. ;-)

Parking radar added, cheap Chinese unit work perfectly. Particularly on a long wheelbase is a must.
Dual USB charge ports added in the cabin, same in the cargo area.
New brake pipes and brake pads, everything else cleaned and put back into service.

Worth mention, in the meantime it has done Norway-Portugal-Norway flawlessly. Probably will repeat it soon, hopefully with the same result. ;-)
Cheers All

1 - 8 of 8 Posts