Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps, I rebuilt the top end on my 2.5dci as injectors was it bad way so I smashed rocker cover and removed the head, new head with used but good injectors etc etc.. The van runs lovely but has a couple Issues when driving. As soon as I get to 70mph and put the throttle under load you hear what almost sounds like a few gusts on wind and then the lights come on as if I've just unplugged the MAF sensor and I get a complete loss of power.. Turn it off and on and its fine... Back up to 70 again and repeats.. Anyone switched on with these vans able to help me please?

Thanks

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,470 Posts
Sounds like you are describing the classic bad joint/cracked pipe situation that causes loss of boost pressure soon as the turbo starts doing its thing ................... no easy way to fault-find/confirm - remove every flexible piece of plumbing and inspect.

If you hang a Renault speaking scanner off the thing you will be able to see on a graph the collapse of the boost and triggering of the error/light

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you are describing the classic bad joint/cracked pipe situation that causes loss of boost pressure soon as the turbo starts doing its thing ................... no easy way to fault-find/confirm - remove every flexible piece of plumbing and inspect.

If you hang a Renault speaking scanner off the thing you will be able to see on a graph the collapse of the boost and triggering of the error/light
I have removed both main inter cooler and instate pipes and they are absolutely fine, it didn't do any of this prior to the rebuild. Also driven the van with the mag sensor plug off and still the same.. The van is Boosting normally but you can hear some turbo whooshing.. Its only up at 70moh under load

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,841 Posts
I have removed both main inter cooler and instate pipes and they are absolutely fine,
That's only some of the pipes....
no easy way to fault-find/confirm - remove every flexible piece of plumbing and inspect.
Don't forget this may also be pipes before the turbo being sucked flat, even be air filter related.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's only some of the pipes....

Don't forget this may also be pipes before the turbo being sucked flat, even be air filter related.
The only pipes I can see is the main intake pipe from the air box, and rocker breather going into the intake pipe, all in tact.. Also van has had a full service so it's got a brand new air filter

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vac pipes to turbo actuator?

With the new head, did you code in the injectors (if needed)?
I need to get back ender and see, it's almost impossible to get to on these.. And these injectors don't need coding.. But yeah ile have a look.. Does anyone know where the egr valve is on these vans

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,470 Posts
Sorry a Renault speaking scanner? I'm not sure what that is? Do you mean a live data reading?
Scanner that is fully Renault compliant and that can create simultaneous real-time datastreams of boost and errors against time on the injection computer, and then produce the results in either a graph or table format

Something like Renault CLIP or Autel MP808 etc ...............

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Scanner that is fully Renault compliant and that can create simultaneous real-time datastreams of boost and errors against time on the injection computer, and then produce the results in either a graph or table format

Something like Renault CLIP or Autel MP808 etc ...............

just plugged it in and these are the codes 😬

Dont put pictures of Software thats Copyright ( Delphi )
The issue you have with that, is all 3 engine codes are showing same Fault codes, dont go in on OBD,
Go in using ISS, and scan all the vehicle .
See what other if any, codes appear.
JUST right them down and post them , No more Pictures

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just plugged it in and these are the codes 😬

Dont put pictures of Software thats Copyright ( Delphi )
The issue you have with that, is all 3 engine codes are showing same Fault codes, dont go in on OBD,
Go in using ISS, and scan all the vehicle .
See what other if any, codes appear.
JUST right them down and post them , No more Pictures
Apologies I didn't mean to "copy right".. That is on iss.. I cleared all them codes and took it for another drive, plugged it back in and I'm getting..

DF055 - turbocharging pressure regulation
- above max level
- intermittent

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,180 Posts
not sure you can with turbo in situ, it inside the turbo thats where the vanes are, and this area builds up with carbon ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
not sure you can with turbo in situ, it inside the turbo thats where the vanes are, and this area builds up with carbon ...
Thing is before the rebuild it was absolutely fine.. Its been sat on the drive for months so I can't see it being a carbon issue? Yeah had the same with vw passat and I filled the inlet with Mr muscle (sounds mad but works).. But it wasnt an issue before the work

1 - 20 of 24 Posts