Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've had the abs and serv light on for some time now, but very occasionally it will go out when driving along for a few minutes. Braking has been fine with no locking up.

I eventually decided to sort it before the MOT so I checked all the wheel sensors and they were okay. I got the multimeter out and seen that the rear right sensor was getting 4.5V and the rear left was 0V. I traced the wire back to the abs module and there were no brakes in the wire, so unplugged it from the module and had continuity on both pins to the live and neutral.. great. I checked the plug connections and it seems okay, the light didn't go out when I replaced the plug/wiggled it about.

The van is pre OBDII so I purchased a Renault-com bluetooth diagnostic tool from here
Renault-COM Bluetooth Diagnostic Coding Tool for Renault as its cheaper than the CAN CLIP and fr704. It works great btw if anyone else was driven crazy by not being able to read codes from pre OBDII models! The code I got from the abs was C103F which confirmed the rear left speed sensor. No error codes about the unit itself tho.

My question is if the abs module is on the go would it only affect 1 of the wheel sensors? And would it show an error code? And if I replace the module will I have to replace the pump too? I've a few corroded brake pipes so I might replace those too if I have to disconnect everything.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,270 Posts
Confused if you know it's rear left sensor, why are you condemning a pump

·
42,270 Posts
Still confused
Have you replaced the abs sensor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when I disconnect the sensor and check the voltage in the coupler its at 0V. when I disconnect the sensor on the other side and check the voltage in the coupler its at 4.5V. Surely this means its not the sensor at fault?

·
42,270 Posts
Its your sensor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts