Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,,ive just been quoted 320 squid for a cambelt change on my trafic 2.5....£150 for cambelt kit...£120 labour +vat. Does anyone know of a reputable site i could buy the cambelt kit from at a cheaper price????+ does £120 seem right for the labour???:crazy: any help would be appreciated

D

·
0 Posts
Is the waterpump driven by the cambelt? If so does it include a new pump? Antifreeze?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
I was £320(ish) for my Ducato 2.8's cambelt change (and mot) in Jan, so the figure doesn't sound way off to me.

Personally, I would shop around for the entire job, rather than source parts for someone else to fit - if they get the wrong parts sent, its their problem - if you get the wrong parts ordered/sent - its your issue to resolve.

And they will charge you labour for attempting to fit the wrong parts if you've supplied them.

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
havnt a clue mate.cambelt kit costs him £150 +vat (thats all he mentioned)would it make a big difference on price ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been told about a mechanic from the local renault garage who has all the kit and works from home in his spare time! gonna give him a bell tommorow and see what he can do it for .cheers mate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts