Independent Renault Forums banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Technical Supremo.
Scenic II, 2004, K4MW761, DPO
6,693 Posts
I would say the injectors need coding, but as we all know some ECU designs and even firmware versions can get their panties soiled for seemingly no reason especially when ignorant dealers screw the pooch initially .................

I do not know of any way to see if injector codes are being used in a specific ECU or firmware version - not in CLIP or Autel anyway.

See

This crowd reports the same situation (different scanner though)........................ and because I have only last week replaced a complete set of injectors on an Audi using the AP200, I do know their suggested solution to try that may work, is to use the built-in feature of coding ALL injectors together rather than individually (i know it was present on the Audi I used it).

The mere fact the ECU, after replacement, got handed over with no VIN would have made me reject the thing outright - IMO its a sure indication it has never been properly configured.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Yes i found that Pmmonline link regarding the P0611 code, and related problems with unable to code the injectors. I was not the owner of the van at the time the ECU was replaced, plus the previous owner was in the hands of his so called mechanic, who never spotted the timing was out due to streched chain. I spoke to my local renault dealer who can do a home visit with his kit and maybe he could fight my corner if the New ECU is ucked.Problem is can not do anything for two weeks!!! Grr

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
So I take it neither of the 2 ways the AP200 offer enables you to code the injectors then?.

This is a real pity and it would be interested to hear what the Renault Tech with CLIP has to say and can do about it at this stage so please come back and update the thread.

The problem in the thread I linked to is that the participants are all quick to bemoan their fates but nobody bothers to update the thread with a/the solution found ................... the result is the community suffers in general.

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
How about a before and after experiment with the AP200 and the imminent arrival of your Renault mechanic savior with CLIP:

If you go into the injection computer you can get the current versions/configurations of all the individual components in the ECU under "ECU information".

Would be a good reference point to see what, if anything get changed in the ECU by your savior in order to solve the problem (if they even can at this stage).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Update, Has taken all this time just to get a RDV for them to even see it. Everything was crossed for today, went back at 3 to pick up, not a smiley tech greeted me. will not accept re coding. heres your key, and suggested i went back to the dealer that installed the new ECU last year. Off i go, bloody fuming , van left at local dealers as it will only rev above 1500rpm so not a chance of 30klms up and down hills plus im worried as its over fueling what damage it can do.
Get to dealers and in my pigeon french explain my situation, straight away he says its 2 days over the 12 month warranty for the part. I blow and state it does not even have the vin programmed or the key, so how does that work! I ask to speak to the workshop manager, no joy but the chap dealing with it asks me to wait . He eventually returns and tells me he has spoken to the tech guy where my van is sitting and expalins that they have had problems with this before, and to get round it they input real injectors codes from the same type of engine to fool the Ecu, sounds like crap to me. But ha ho they have now accepted/opened a warranty claim . I dash back to dealers with the key for him to tell me he now needs to find a M9R engine with 4 injectors codes. What a **** shower, as he does not know any one with that van/engine config? Does anyone have a M9R engine and access to the injector codes i can give him to try this waste of time exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
Update, Has taken all this time just to get a RDV for them to even see it. Everything was crossed for today, went back at 3 to pick up, not a smiley tech greeted me. will not accept re coding. heres your key, and suggested i went back to the dealer that installed the new ECU last year. Off i go, bloody fuming , van left at local dealers as it will only rev above 1500rpm so not a chance of 30klms up and down hills plus im worried as its over fueling what damage it can do.
Get to dealers and in my pigeon french explain my situation, straight away he says its 2 days over the 12 month warranty for the part. I blow and state it does not even have the vin programmed or the key, so how does that work! I ask to speak to the workshop manager, no joy but the chap dealing with it asks me to wait . He eventually returns and tells me he has spoken to the tech guy where my van is sitting and expalins that they have had problems with this before, and to get round it they input real injectors codes from the same type of engine to fool the Ecu, sounds like crap to me. But ha ho they have now accepted/opened a warranty claim . I dash back to dealers with the key for him to tell me he now needs to find a M9R engine with 4 injectors codes. What a **** shower, as he does not know any one with that van/engine config? Does anyone have a M9R engine and access to the injector codes i can give him to try this waste of time exercise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other than calling a huge big BS, all I can say is that IMO it's not your job to sort the ECU and code it properly the way it was supposed to have been done.
Its also not your job to find another M9R engine with working injectors and readable codes - the ECU couldn't give a flying pig's fig about the codes as long as they are of the correct format (the ECU does NOT read the codes ELSE YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE TO ENTER THOSE).

If you have even a single original M9R injector with readable code THAT code can be entered into all 4 slots on the ECU (if this is even a requirement in order to enter VIN and configure ECU)

I can see you losing both your shirt and your marbles over this deal :eek: :mad:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thats about right , I know but after the time and bloody fortune this van stands me, just trying to push it along, some how. looked on ebay and see a chap in Poland does Virgin ECU's that are plug and Play? REALLY, What about the injector codes?

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
Thats about right , I know but after the time and bloody fortune this van stands me, just trying to push it along, some how. looked on ebay and see a chap in Poland does Virgin ECU's that are plug and Play? REALLY, What about the injector codes?
Don't go adding yet another unknown to this equation imo.

Stand up to the useless dealers and have THEM sort it properly via Renault NET - your particular vehicle's original configuration is available there (dealer level info only) and they can and MUST sort the vehicle using that configuration info and the associated reprogramming of the replaced ECU.

Sorry - I dont have even a single (known to be) M9R injector here so cannot help you on that score

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ok thanks, have a mate with a vivaro, same engine and can read the codes so will try that. But shock horror, bank holiday monday plus its warranty work so renault garage will not be in any hurry to sort.. Just want my van for work and to work!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,575 Posts
Have you checked in ECU if its Using codes
If it reads NO then you wont get any injector to code in

Ask your mate with Clip to check Configurations irs in there

Reactions: LvR

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
As @ours2012 implied ................. the same vehicle model can have an ECU with suitable firmware, and may or may not require the injectors to be coded.

The questions that need answering is this:

1. Was the supposed "new" ECU just slapped into the vehicle and the key then turned to start the engine? (yes it's possible)
2. Why was the ECU not properly configured? (absence of VIN number says that is the case)
3. Given #2 is a fact then it's not a huge stretch to also have an ECU without proper individual parameter configurations (VIN# via Renault NET defines the correct combination of values in different fields inside the ECU)

The ECU, in the end, only generates codes based on the contents and configuration information found in the ECU and put there by the person replacing the ECU .................... if THAT "putting" action is suspect (as we already know it to be) you are wasting your time chasing ANY codes on the ECU

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
Woke up in the middle of the night remembering something I read elsewhere:

Can you post the numbers (model code) of the injectors found on your engine please?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Update. , Renault have no idea, as part is out on warranty, basically naff off. 1000 euros down the pan. Van trapped 40 miles away, and another 3 weeks wasted. I have two options 1, buy a second hand paired ecu, key barrell, bcm, 2 buy a reflashed plug and play ecu.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Update, bought plug and play ecu, van runs and revs up, , but smokes. Ran tests and no3 injector misfire, ordered new injector. fitted runs smooth now, but still smoking. Checked and read ecu, its still showing injectors that were in the van the ecu was taken from. Tried all routes to input 7 digit codes, but will not accept. Did live data and flow values are all over the place and the new injector is well over fueling which would explain the smoke. And idea how , as im still back to square 1, ecu will not accept coding of injectors.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,575 Posts
Assuming this is an M9R ENGINE number 1 is from timing chain end
Have also found on Renault, even using Can clip, only code 1 injector in, switch ignition off, and switch ignition back on after 1 minute, leave ignition on for another minute, and recheck, dont start the engine

Reactions: LvR

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
Not much I can comment here other than to say if the injector codes are properly inserted in the scanner/reader in the correct format (some scanners eg have to have 0s added to the end of the injector code to make up a 10 or 11 digit code) then the ECU will allow injector coding IF THE ECU IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABLE TO ACCEPT NEW INJECTOR CODES.

I have not yet experienced an injector coding failure with the AP200 ................ so if the ECU will allow it by design and the injector codes are valid, it should be possible/doable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Tried every format possible to input codes, on the Ap200, no go. Just got an email from a chap i sent the new renault dealer supplied ECU, I asked if he could flash the correct program for my van, and supplied the injector codes ,vin and immo details. He has come back and advised the ecu flash chip is corrupt, and will not accept reprogramming so has ordered a new chip, and once replaced hopefully will program? So god knows how a brand new ecu can end up with this fault.Seem to be back at square one regards the injector codes, and no one with any form of diagnositic equipement with the ability to input the codes as it will not allow. I read the live data and the flow rates are as follows inj1,-2.6 inj2, -1.4 inj3 5.1 inj 4 -1.0 If i research the coding online, there can be issues with the 1.9 and 2.0dci on coding but its a specific program that will allow inputing of codes.But im not getting any error codes anymore!!!!!!

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
Is that flow rates or compensation values?

If an "ECU flash chip" is corrupt then I guess the answer is obvious - nothing will be able to reprogram it ................... though how that now happened on 2 I am at a loss to understand

·
Technical Supremo.
6,693 Posts
Sorry - doesn't compute .................. how do you get negative flows? - those must be compensation values :( :unsure:

41 - 60 of 80 Posts