Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a trafic bus 1.6 on a 65 plate it needs the front subrame bushes replacing.As Renault will only supply a complete subframe at there usual costings!! has any one found a supplier of non genuine bushes that fit that model or any other ideas .I run it as a taxi and its quite high mileage but im not in a position to change it yet.
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
12 Posts
A pair of subframe bushes come in at about £30 and to a decent mechanic with a press it's a simple press out and press new bush in. Renault could simply do this and put the subframe back in. This would cost you the pair of bushes at Renaults robbery price and labour. Renault just want to take as much cash as possible. Why repair when they can charge you for a whole new part you dont need? These crooks should be stopped! I've changed subframe bushes on a megane and they are virtually similar in design to the renault vans. I've also changed those bushes at home using a ball joint press and a big breaker bar. They are tough but they eventually pop out with enough welly. Try ringing around local mechanics and a good one should help you out. Good luck

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,086 Posts
Can you buy the Bushes, If renault dont sell them then where from

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,086 Posts
For a 65 plate

1 - 5 of 5 Posts