Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody,

Im having some issues with my 2006 trafic van and am hoping somebody here can help.
It only started today.
Sometimes at idle the engine idle is a bit rough, just like a typical ignition fault you would get from a petrol engine if one of the coils was faulty.
The trafic engine is a 1.9 dci100 F9Q, it has 144K on the clock and is an ex AA van with full service history. I have had the van 4 months and it has been surpurb.

the idle only goes rough occasionaly, when it does you can feel the vibration through the van and if the bonnet is opened you can see the engine moving around on its mountings much more agressively than usual. (its happened about 10 times today) but it is always totaly random but the van drives perfectly well and does not suffer loss of power.
It comes and goes through out driving, and is never present on start up, it develops whilst running/driving.
It has been plugged into a bosch kts 200 and the only code found was P1826, which I believe is related to the glowplug system and is not related to the idle fault i am getting.

Any help/ideas would be most gratefully recieved.

If the idle is rough when parked up, i can rev the engine a few times and sometimes the idle returns to normal, somtimes it continues to idle rough. If i persist and continuously try reving it i will always eventually return to normal/correct idle.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still getting that rough idle at random times. Noticed today when it happened that i had clutch depressed and when clutch was released the idle returned to normal....
does this help with any diagnosis?
still no fault codes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, i'm pretty sure cleaning your egr valve will sort this out. I had the same symptoms with my trafic, the engine would randomly start hunting when idling.

After a few months I took the valve out and cleaned it using carb cleaner. It wasn't particularly clogged up - I have seen valves in much worse condition on this forum - but it solved the idle issues.
The valve is easily accessed on the trafic, it sits immediately to the right of the plastic air filter cover. It is a cylinder about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, with a lead plugged into the end, bolted into the intake manifold with three bolts in a triangle. One of the bolts is under the valve which is a bit difficult to access, but once unbolted the valve should slowly slide out without too much force.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.
The EGR has just been cleaned and as you said was not that clogged, but I'm gonna give it another good going over, wiil report my findings:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts