Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder if someone can help, my 65 plate trafic uses a dual filament bulb for the DRL and sidelights, I want to if possible change this to LED but I am having trouble sourcing LEDs that will dull when you switch on the sidelights, does anyone know if this is even possible?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Hi, I found this Thread & thought i'd put my little question in it.

I'm in the middle of wiring up my DRL's, the control box of tricks has a yellow wire that has to go to an ignition controlled supply, i have take out the second fuse bottom left of the engine fuse box - 15A and place that fuse in the supplied piggy back fuse holder which has a 5A supplied fuse already in it, i then put the piggy back in the slot.
Can someone explain to me why the piggy now has 2 different amp fuses, the instructions say to do this.

Cheers Ralph

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,500 Posts
Is the bottom part (Black part of pig) now still contain the 15 amp fuse.
Then would assume the top part, being 5 amp is all the amps required to power the lamps
15 amp is still controlling other circuits, 5 amp controlling DRL's. So if the 5 amp blows, the other circuits wont be affected, and still work as normal

·
Super Moderator
6,170 Posts
Is the bottom part (Black part of pig) now still contain the 15 amp fuse.
Then would assume the top part, being 5 amp is all the amps required to power the lamps
15 amp is still controlling other circuits, 5 amp controlling DRL's. So if the 5 amp blows, the other circuits wont be affected, and still work as normal
Hi Stu :grin2: Yes that is the way i see it too, as long as the 15A is at the bottom (closest to where it came out of) then the 5A just controls the DRL's.

Thank you for agreeing with me :grin2:

Attachments

·
41,500 Posts
What has Corky started off on this Forum, everyone has gone blub crazy:grin2:

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
What has Corky started off on this Forum, everyone has gone blub crazy:grin2:
Yeah but chuffs has done the job posted the pics ..jobs a good un

They lights fit in well in the fog light recess

·
41,500 Posts
What are you inferring my mate Corky has sorted his... sure he was on earlier . making out he had a clio, and where to store Fire extinguisher

·
Super Moderator
13,661 Posts
I'll bet you're de lighted :smile2:

Reactions: ours2012
1 - 11 of 11 Posts