Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have just bought a 57 plate trafic camper van. Does anyone know which seats are compatible to make the passenger seat a single instead of a double?.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,566 Posts
Just need a Drivers Seat Base.
All the holes are there. Just need to punch the matting.
Re Seats, Saab 93 I think & Galaxy are an easy bolt in fit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi
My best guess would be a driver seat from a Renault Trafic, with the steering wheel on the correct side (Continental). LOL ;-)

Haven't done it myself but I'm pretty sure you can benefit from all the features on the passenger side, like arm rest, heated seat, etc.
If happening to drive by France it should be easy to spot one for the job. Probably even with matching upholstery. Although should be a challenge to find one in good nick, most are probably quite worn out.
Best of luck
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I looked into this before buying my 2018 trafic, A couple of companies said it wasnt easily possible as the change from dual seatbelt on the bench seat to a single seatbelt had to be re-programmed into onboard electronics or it caused problems - not sure if you could override that by leaving one of your bench seatbelts permantly connected ? - I also found the seatbelt clip is on the chair not the chair frame - so this could give you a problem if you just try to fit a drivers seat on the passenger side ? - I ended up going with the Renault optional extra kit - not cheap but did the job !- would be interested to hear if you do manage to get any other captains style seats to fit and work ok as would like to fit a set in our other van :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts