Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2003 Trafic SL27 DCI 100 and it has a bit of a strange intermittent issue.

Every now and again, when accelerating, it seems to stutter between approximately 2500 and 3000 rpm. Say you have your foot right down on the accelerator, it will accelerate a bit, then remain at that rpm for a second or two, accelerate a little more, then remain at that rpm and so on, perhaps 5 or 6 times until you get up to around 3050 rpm. Between that and the 3600 the engine is governed at it doesnt seem to be an issue.

I have not noticed it happen in 1st or 2nd, only in 3rd and 4th.

Any ideas what this might be? Its going in to my garage on Tuesday but I thought it was a good idea to ask here to see if anyone had any ideas. The van is high mileage, having covered 160k miles.

There is also a bit of a whine and now a chirping sound, but my garage told me that was the alternator, not the turbo. That is the main reason its going in on Tuesday; to have a new alternator fitted.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Simon Tucker

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As an update to this, even though my garage (not a Renault Dealer) was not able to get to the bottom of this, I was:

I turned out to be one of two things, either ...

1 The air pipe after the air flow meter was slightly loose (ie not 'snapped' back into position after the garage had previously tries a new air flow meter for another problem), letting in extra air than the engine expected or

2 The air flow meter was dirty - we cleaned it with contact cleaner.

Simon

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there i am new to this site but i have had the same problem, my van went into limp home mode wouldnt rev past 3000rpm put it on a code reader and came back with EGR ,and camshaft code problems so i changed the egr cleared codes van still the same but egr code gone so changed the camshaft sensor van still the same and couldnt clear fault codes,so took it to a local garage who said that they have done a couple of these vans and have changed camshaft and crankshaft together because they have problems just changing just the one hey presto all sorted just in case u want to know I paid 75+vat for egr valve 25+vat for camshaft sensor and 87 inc vat for crankshaft sensor fitted by the garage hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts