Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,just ordered off ebay some front pads for my camper and when the reply came back from the seller he said it was an HDS camper.What is an HDS camper?..reason im asking is its factory fitted but got autosleeper transfers on the front and rear although it has been repainted in the past :oops:
Thanks for any help

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,341 Posts
I had this HDS thing come up on an insurance quote which puzzled me too. It was their abbreviation for Holdsworth ... another conversion company like Autosleeper & Leisuredrive etc.
Perhaps its the same that the seller is referring to??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this HDS thing come up on an insurance quote which puzzled me too. It was their abbreviation for Holdsworth ... another conversion company like Autosleeper & Leisuredrive etc.
Perhaps its the same that the seller is referring to??
Hi Renoir thanks again for the quick reply,so in theory? this is actually a Holdsworth conversion not Autosleeper meaning who ever repainted it put these on instead of the Holdsworth stickers yeh?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,341 Posts
Not necessarily ... my van is 100% Leisuredrive but that came up as HDS. Its just the database compilers being lazy and choosing the first make they find.
But it is possible that as your van is repainted it might have been given different transfers but I would think unlikely. All the companies have their own define-able design characteristics even when using other makes of chassis. iirc Holdworth use to like fitting the boxy high roofs with extra windows at the front which gave more upper berth space. If you look at other autosleepers interiors on other 'for sale' ads I'm sure you will see others closely similar to yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts