Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trafic 05 plate, when I purchased this the garage fixed the temp gauge.

Several months later I have the same problem the Temp gauge dances, normally better on motorways, but now the radiator fan is starting or running all the time.

I would like to know what connection to look at which connects to the coolant sensor ? Picture anyone ? I'm guessing if I replace the cables or terminals it will fix my problem.

Thanks to anyone that can help on this one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi i have the identical problem, have you found the solution yet? i too have had a recent temp sensor, does your van seem like its surging under constant load?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I traced to wire to the engine and it was a broken wire right where wires go into the sensor plug so cut n soldered them all sorted no problems now.

Sensor is located on right side of engine under some leads n things i forget what but look towards the right side towards the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
a bit of pulling about revealed a broken wire in the connector doh... removed connector and two small headed red female crimp connectors later and all is resolved driving as normal, temp gauge steady.

for all who have this problem in the future there should be 5v between the two terminals. on my loom the green/black was carry the volts in. so should be easy to test.

TAGS and symptoms: Dancing Temp gauge temperature, no temp display, fans permanantly on ecu light on continuous running. power surging erratic idle.

Thanks Metrotec for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts