Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing discussion about the trip computer. When did they start fitting these in Megane's?

I've an 02 reg Expression DTI, and can't seem to find the button for the computer.

Any guidance would be appreciated

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there and welcome to Renault Forums, not sure about your car but on my Lag the button for changing trip computer modes is on the end of the right hand stalk next to the steering wheel (wipers/washers)
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there and welcome to Renault Forums, not sure about your car but on my Lag the button for changing trip computer modes is on the end of the right hand stalk next to the steering wheel (wipers/washers)
Regards Leroy
I've looked on the wiper stalk, and don;t have a button on the end

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old post (but I suppose that's what search is for :d) but does a 99 RT Alize have a trip computer fitted ?

The button on the stalk is there, as it the reset stick on the dash, but nothing seems to happen upon pressing either :confused:

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
i got a 99 RT Alize (v plate) and mine works fine, to reset the trip you have to go into it by pressing the button on the stalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
i got a 99 RT Alize (v plate) and mine works fine, to reset the trip you have to go into it by pressing the button on the stalk

Cheers for the heads up.
I'm pressing away, but nothing happens on the display.
All I get on the bottom half of the screen (where I presume the trip would go) is a Oil Ok sign on start up.

Is there a separate fuse for the computer ?

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
im not sure, ive only had my car for 2 months so still learning my way round it, from the sounds of it the wire connecting the button to the comp or the fuse may be gone

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
just looked at my manual and it said that it doenst have a fuse and to press the button on te stalk after 30 secs from start up

·
Registered
7 Posts
just looked at my manual and it said that it doenst have a fuse and to press the button on te stalk after 30 secs from start up
Cheers & Thanks for taking the time to look:cool: .

I spotted the 30 second thing in my manual and tried it (to no avail).
Thats why I presumed it didn't have the computer fitted.

More investigation needed tonight I guess :d

1 - 14 of 14 Posts