1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Isle Of Man TT is here again.

Keep up to date with any news here.....

http://www.iomtt.com/

And ITV4 are showing highlights each evening.

Absolute nutters racing round one of the most spectacular race tracks in the world.Sensible.....no......amazing,enthralling,shocking,un-bl00dy-believable......yes.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi said it before not very up on bike racing but if there is any i like to see its road racing and the TT FLOATS MY BOAT, itv showing highlights thats great:) ,all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
Agreed Donald. I know jack about bikes, but prefer bike racing to car racing and the TT is great! My parents have friends who live on the Isle of Man and I've been over a few times during the TT. They own a pub/guesthouse next to the circuit. Its bl00dy great! :d

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats probably the wrong thing to say on here Bob.

Have they got any space for 2009 and can we get a discount?.:d

·
Premium Member
8,274 Posts
I retract the above! ;)

I haven't been over since 2001 actually, but I can ask! Can't say on the discount though...

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
You don't have to be a bike anorak to like the TT.:)

Good on ya Mike.:)
What you saying? you have the a bike anorak as well as everything else:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: you impress me lag:d never watched the bike at the TT but i have been watching the rally i think it was 1998-99 when i was watching Mark Higgins and Armin Schwartz Gwendef Evans and it had early morning and late night stages,sorry gone of topic thats not like me:rofl:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I was supposed to be going again this year but cant make it as I have exams and a project to get in:(

So Ill be tuning in to Radio TT as well as the website instead.
http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Live.aspx

Ive given my ferry tickets to my boyfriend's mate and they are going together.

Go there if you can its fabulous.

B

·
0 Posts
done it for years since 96,gets worse every year especicially the rip of steam racket:steam: never mind YOU MUST SEE IT BEFORE YOU DIE MUCH MUCH RESPECT for anybody that has competed there lets hope its a tragic free fortnight but i doubt it

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
If you've never watched the TT have a look, not long after the start the bikes do 170mph through the first village which normally has a 30mph speed limit.

Awesome!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
lets hope its a tragic free fortnight but i doubt it
No tragedies in the racing but a few bad road traffic accidents one, I believe, was a foreign guy riding on the wrong side of the road.
If you have ever been there you will no doubt be amazed there are so few accidents on the roads. It just has to be the most busy roads ever with everyone on a bike as well.
Well done the Isle of Man police I think to keep it so safe.

by the way ..boyfreind had a fabulous time there although he got wet in tent a few nights):d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I have been viewing the Tv coverage of the TT and some of the history, Enjoying it big time, brings back a lot of good memory's of the TT plus some not so good.

Lets hope we have no fatalities this year

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This video is of a pretty terrible quality,but I think it shows just how fast these boys are.......(EDIT:Just realised this contains some bad language!:eek:)

(Practice from this years TT)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts