Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
My Laguna 2 turbo went earlier in the year, 115K mark.. expected I guess. So I had a look around for people to repair it.
Because it is where it is, I wasn't gonna attempt it myself. After phoning around,I decided to use ####### at Leicester, because they would supply and fit and provide '12 month warranty'.
however, a few month later, after losing lots of oil I dont think it is as it should be. I have taken the egr valve off to clean, and it is swimming in oil.
Do you think the seals have gone?
why would they have gone in such a short time?

EDIT;Garage name removed,please see forum rules regarding 'naming and shaming'.Many thanks.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Did they take off the intercooler and pipework when they changed the turbo? Cleaning it all out is very important cos the detritous left in there can kill a new turbo very quickly.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I did take it back, and he told me to f*** off. I kid you not.
So on that assumption, the warranty was as good as his mouth was. Citizens Advice wasn't much help either, I would have to plough more money into chasing it, and no guaranteed outcome.
They did say they were going to clean out the system, but he did say a lot of things which was total BS too.

Just wondering what to do now, with a car thats hardly worth spending on. The last bill from ######## was nearly £900.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I fear then if that's his attitude then his workmanship and the parts he uses may well be of inferior quality also! You say you have visited CAB, have you also liased with trading standards with regards to this business? Perhaps they may be able to see if there is a common theme to his business! Although that may not help you it may well help others in the future :idunno:

I'm not really sure what other advice I personally could offer if you are unable/unwilling to fight your corner with regards to the worthless warranty! You may very well have to bite the bullet and further costs of taking the car to another mechanic :(

·
Registered
32 Posts
I decided not to pursue the case. The way the CAB was talking was I would have to pay for an expert diagnosis of the fault, AA or the like, I would then have to pay to bring a small claims court hearing. IF I won, which people do, I would have to hope he paid me, but if he didnt want to, he doesn't have to.. He simply doesn't.
And I still wouldnt have a car that worked, so I decided not to fight. Crap I know.
What I might do is sell it as it is, for a hefty loss, and buy something less technical and what I can afford.

As an added note, they, ######## of Leicester were members of 'The Good Garage Scheme'. I did report it to them and had a phone call from them. Looking at the website it looks like ######## are not now members now, so a little bit of justice.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
I'm afraid that I have had to remove the garage name from your posts,we run a strict 'no naming and shaming' policy on the forum.

Many thanks.:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm afraid that I have had to remove the garage name from your posts,we run a strict 'no naming and shaming' policy on the forum.

Many thanks.:)
Fair enough...
There are other forums which operate a good service guide, one in which members can post comments on good, or bad service. I think this could be quite valuable. Maybe something to think about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.