Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all firstly thanks to all who gave me info regarding previous problems, although these have not cured my problem, through these ideas and a process of elimination it would appear that the problem is connected to the air intake, when i disconect the multi pin plug from the air temp sensor/air flow meter my car runs al most faultlessly but when i plug the multi pin back in it takes all the power and exceleration ouy of the car, has anyone got any ideas what may cause this, no fault or engine managment lights come on at all

regards

·
Registered
92 Posts
When you unplug the air flow meter, the ECU defaults to a basic map which is just so you can drive the car without damaging it. It sounds to me that your air meter is damaged or dirty and is giving the ECU false readings, hense the poor performance when plugged in. I'm not to clued up on these cars, does it look like you can get inside the AFM to clean the internals, without damaging anything of course:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi marty1979

it would appear that the afm is acessable so i shall see if i can clean it, i have noticed that it is a bit oily maybe this is the problem i'll keep you posted

cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've cleaned loads of AFM's in the past with good results, and I always use Isopropyl Alchohol which you can get from Maplins or similar stores. Make sure you give the sensor inside a good soaking and leave it to dry out for a while. Let us know how you get on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts