Independent Renault Forums banner

Turbo only kicks in at 4000+rpm. HELP!

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gowmonster 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am new to this game and not much of a mechanic so please ignore my stupidity!

Ok......I own a renault kangoo 1.5 dci 70+ 2004 and just of late the turbo has gone extremely laggy. It used to kick in about 2000rpm or less and increase past 4000rpm. However now the van is dead and i really have to rev the engine to pieces until i get any response from the turbo and then it comes in all of a sudden with a huge rush. This is ok on normal roads, but once on the motorway i found the van did not have enough power to get above 50/60mph and therefore have to really go through the gears at high revs to get it up to 5th gear, usually failing. I have read many posts on this forum and have some ideas what it might be - the turbo boost solenoid perhaps or something wrong with air flow into the turbo?
I really do not know and hope it is not the turbo itself. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Herbie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.