Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.
Let me see if I get this right. Starting from the intercooler. The black pipe runs from the passenger side of the intercooler has a sensor on it, then runs to the throttle body. This then runs through the head, to the turnip. The large metal pipe runs from the turbo with heat back to the intercooler.
With me so far. Should the black pipe carry oil? Should the throttle body have oil? Should the fabric covered flexi pipe at the end of the metal pipe be covered in oil? There is a breather pipe running from the oil filler cap to the air feed pipe engine side of the maf sensor. Loads of oil around this. Although it could be from higher up. The turnip is very nice and shinny and so is the metal pipe.
Are there any gaskets that may need replacing. There's no excessive smoke under load. Our mk3 mondeo responce car kicks out more than mine.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ideally, these pipes shouldn't have loads of oil in but there is generally some. It can be due to oil coming through the crankcase breather, or it can be the sign of turbo seal issues. It often seeps out of anywhere that has a slightly loose joint.

Using low quality oil or extended service intervals can make both issues worse. If it was mine, I'd clean the outside of the pipes, whip them off and clean the inside too. I'd then flush the intercooler and finish off with an oil and filter change (if it hasn't had one recently) and then see how it goes.

I'm not sure what you mean by a turnip in your engine bay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.